VCA AWARDS: COUNSELOR OF THE YEAR
This award was established by the Board of Directors in 1981 to give recognition to an outstanding member of VCA who spends the majority of his/her professional time in counseling and guidance.
In 2015, Regina Meredith and Jenn Kurbel were named joint winners.
- The recipient shall be a member in good standing of the VCA in the year the award is made.
- The recipient shall be recognized as having:
- Rendered a significant contribution to the organization he/she serves; and
- Rendered outstanding guidance, counselor and/or personnel services to persons through the organization whether school, clinic or industry; and
- Exhibited leadership in the community through the organization being served.
- If you are not completing the online nomination submission form and want to mail your Nomination packet, please make sure it is organized according to the guidelines listed below and clearly support the nomination.
- Nominations for the Counselor of the Year Award may be submitted by VCA Chapters/Divisions or by individual members of VCA. The Nomination Packet should contain the following components:
- A letter of nomination clearly reflecting the reason the person is being nominated for the Counselor of the Year Award.
- Up to three letters of support may be submitted from VCA members,the nomineesâ€™ supervisor,or knowledgeable colleagues providing further information in support of the nomination.
- Supporting materials should be limited to a 10-page limit and contain items that clearly relate to the award nomination.
- Nomination packet (or notebook) should be organized according to the following guidelines:
Mail completed packets to Awards Committee Chair or complete the online submission form by October 1, 2016. If mailing notebook, mail to: Tiffany Harris, 3024 Forest Hills Circle, Lynchburg, VA 24502.
Nominees who do not receive the award in one year are eligible for renomination in subsequent years; however, a new and/or updated Nomination Packet should be submitted.
The Committee is free to obtain additional information it wishes about nominee. It is not required that nominators obtain the permission of nominees to submit their names; however, they are free to do so. The Committee will treat all information as confidential.
- Cover page
- Nomination form
- Table of contents
- Nomination letter
- Curriculum vitae or resume of nominee
- Supporting letters
- Supporting material (limited to 10 pages)
If the attachments for your submission exceed the slots available on the form, any extra attachments should be emailed as attachments to the Committee. You must still complete the online form. Email the Awards Committee