The Virginia Counselors Journal
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
(Revised January, 2014)
- Categories of research or non-research manuscripts that will be considered include Counselor Preparation, Counselor Supervision, Professional Development, Counseling Theory, Counseling Practice, Current Issues, Counseling History, and Book Reviews.
- Non-research manuscripts are not to exceed 20 double-spaced pages, including all references, figures, and tables. Research manuscripts are not to exceed 25 double-spaced pages, including all references, figures, and tables.
- Manuscripts are to include a cover page with the title of the article, the name of the author(s), and the institutional or work affiliation and contact information (address, telephone, email) of the first author.
- Manuscripts are to be typed in Microsoft Word 2000 or newer in 12-point, Times New Roman font. Normal page margins (1â top, bottom, and sides) are to be used, and pages are to be numbered at the top right corner of each page.
- Manuscripts must adhere to all guidelines of the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
- Manuscripts should avoid lengthy quotes, and should follow all copyright laws. The author is responsible for the ensuring the accuracy and sufficiency of quotations and references.
- Manuscripts are not to be submitted that have been previously published or that are under review by another publisher.
- Manuscripts can be submitted by attaching them along with a cover letter to an email to the co-editors (Victoria Foster & Charles McAdams) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every effort will be made to have disposition decisions within 60 days or manuscript submission.
- The editors reserve the right to make final, non-substantive edits of a manuscript before publication.