The VCA Annual Awards program at the VCA Annual Convention honors individuals and counselor organizations for outstanding work as counselors in their job and in their community. A variety of recognitions are featured at the Awards Lunch Program at the Annual VCA Convention.
Now is the time to consider who that nominee might be and begin working on the application. This is a time to contact friends of the nominee to elicit supporting letters and a good time to begin assembling those materials for submission. Also consider submitting a nomination for any recipients of local chapter awards, to receive this state level recognition.
Nomination submissions are due by October 1, 2020. Click on the award in the left menu information and on-line submission form.
The awards nomination packets include:
- Nomination letters should clearly reflect the reason the person or the chapter is being nominated.
- Supporting letters are limited to three.
- Supporting materials should be limited to 10 pages (one-sided) for Counselor of the Year and Humanitarian and Caring Person of the Year; 15 pages (one-sided) for the Van Hoose Career Service Award, and 20 pages (one-sided) for the Chapter of the Year Award. Supporting material should clearly relate to the award nomination.
- Nomination supporting material for Counselor of the Year, Humanitarian and Caring Person, and the Van Hoose Career Service Award should be organized according to the following guidelines:
- Cover page
- Nomination form
- Table of Contents
- Nomination letter
- Curriculum vitae or resume of nominee
- Supporting letters
- Supporting material
- Every Chapter & Division of the Year nomination submission supporting material should include a Table of Contents page and a summary sheet outlining the year’s accomplishments.
VCA members provide outstanding service to our communities. Let's ensure that we give these individuals and groups the credit they deserve. We will celebrate their successes at an awards ceremony and luncheon on Friday, November 8, 2019, during VCA's Annual Convention at the Omni Homestead Resort & Spa. The awards ceremony and luncheon is an open and free event for convention attendees; however, attendees must register, as a ticket is required attend. Additional tickets may be purchased for $25 each by contacting Vicky Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-766-5466, 800-225-8103.
Nominations must be postmarked or submitted online by October 1, 2020. For mailed nominations, mail to:
Awards Committee Chair
811 S College Ave
Salem, Virginia 24153
Thank you for your support to make the annual awards ceremony the most exciting, energizing ever.
Questions can be directed to Brandy Smith, Awards Committee Chair, email@example.com, or Vicky Wheeler, VCA Member Services & Operations Director at 757-766-5466, firstname.lastname@example.org.