VCA AWARDS: CHAPTER OF THE YEAR
Providing outstanding service to the membership and the community and producing and distributing chapter publications such as newsletters, bulletins, brochures, and directories are criteria considered when entrees are evaluated for the prestigious Chapter of the Year Award.
- The chapter shall be recognized as having
- Rendered service to the membership;
- Rendered service to the community; and
- Produced and effectively used newsletters, bulletins, brochures and directories to communicate with members and the community.
- Nomination packet is organized according to the guidelines listed below and clearly supports the nomination. Presentation of materials is also considered in the evaluation process.
- Two Chapter of the Year Awards will be given, one for Small Chapter of the Year, (1-99 members), and one for Large Chapter of the Year (100+ members).
- Nominations for the Chapter of the Year Award may be submitted by each VCA chapter. The Nomination notebook should contain the following components:
- A letter of nomination clearly reflecting the reason the chapter is being nominated for the Chapter of the Year Award.
- A summary of all chapter activities and accomplishments during the previous year.
- Supporting materials should be limited to 20-pages and contain items that clearly relate to the award nomination such as evidence of chapter service activities to members and the community; letters of commendation or awards received; and examples of chapter publications.
- If you are not using the online submission form, the Nomination packet (or notebook) should be organized according to the following guidelines:
Complete the online submission form by October 1, 2018. If mailing notebook, mail to: Brandy Smith, 811 S College Ave, Salem, Virginia 24153. Notebooks must be received by October 1.
Chapters who do not receive the award in one year are eligible for renomination in subsequent years; however, a new Nomination Packet should be submitted.
The Committee is free to obtain additional information it wishes about nominee. It is not required that nominators obtain the permission of nominees to submit their names; however, they are free to do so. The Committee will treat all information as confidential.
- Cover page
- Nomination form
- Table of contents
- Nomination letter
- Curriculum vitae or resume of nominee
- Supporting letters
- Supporting material (limited to 20 pages)
If the attachments for your submission exceed the slots available on the form, any extra attachments should be emailed as attachments to the Committee. You must still complete the online form. Email the Awards Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.