- Members Only
|Division of the Year Award|
VCA AWARDS: DIVISION OF THE YEAR
Providing outstanding service to the membership and the community and producing and distributing division publications such as newsletters, bulletins, brochures, and directories are criteria considered when entrees are evaluated for the prestigious Division of the Year Award.
1. The division shall be recognized as having
a. Rendered service to the membership;
b. Rendered service to the community; and
c. Demonstrated efforts to enhance professional identity around specific interest and practice area
2. Nomination packet is organized according to the guidelines listed below and clearly supports the nomination. Presentation of materials is also considered in the evaluation process.
1. Nominations for the Division of the Year Award may be submitted by each VCA division The Nomination notebook should contain the following components:
a. A letter of nomination clearly reflecting the reason the division is being nominated for the Division of the Year Award.
b. A summary of all division activities and accomplishments during the previous year.
c. Supporting materials should be limited to 20-pages and contain items that clearly relate to the award nomination such as evidence of division service activities to members and the community; letters of commendation or awards received; and examples of chapter publications.
d. If you are not using the online submission form, the Nomination packet (or notebook) should be organized according to the following guidelines:
2. Complete the online submission form by October 1. Online submissions are encouraged. If mailing a notebook, mail to: Brandy Smith, 811 S College Ave, Salem, Virginia 24153. Notebooks must be received by October 1.
3. Divisions who do not receive the award in one year are eligible for renomination in subsequent years; however, a new Nomination Packet should be submitted.
4. The Committee is free to obtain additional information it wishes about nominee. It is not required that nominators obtain the permission of nominees to submit their names; however, they are free to do so. The Committee will treat all information as confidential.
If the attachments for your submission exceed the slots available on the form, any extra attachments should be emailed as attachments to the Committee. You must still complete the online form. Email the Awards Committee Chair at email@example.com.